First jam at the new house!
Blueberry peach jam
– Equal parts blueberry and overripe peaches, blend/mash.
– measure fruit mixture and add equal parts sugar (i.e.: 4 cups of fruit needs 4 cups of sugar)
– add 1.5 tbsp of pectin per 1 1/3 cups fruit (so 6 tbsp for 4 cups of fruit)
– add all to pot. Once it reaches a rolling boil set timer for 5 minutes. To test of your jam is ready to can, drop a small spoonful on a cold plate. If it sets, so will your jam. If it runs down the place when tilted it needs more boiling time.
– add to jars to process or freeze.