I had this dish at a vow renewal reception and had to make it at home. Hope my brood will eat it!
- 8-12 boness/skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 packs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3rd cup marsala cooking wine
- 2/3rd cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
Dry boneless/skinless chicken thighs in a paper towel, and drudge (coat) in flour. Saute chicken in a bit of olive oil until cooked, turning once. In a clean pan mix chopped onions and sliced mushrooms with salt and pepper. Add chopped artichike hearts. Once cooked add marsala wine and let simmer for ~2 minutes. Add cream and milk and simmer until thick. Pour over cooked chicken, warm in the oven if needed, and servce with mashed potatoes (or rice or pasta or whatnot).